Saturday 29 December 2012

Social Media Profile Photo


Many people have a profile picture that is a contrived version of themselves taken using a webcam or by an amateur photographer. Some of these may represent a person really well but others can look a bit sad or artificial. We’ve all seen them, haven't we?  And if it’s someone we know using a bad one, we might roll our eyes and feel a bit of pity. The alternative is to get a good photographer who can work on location and not with endless white or fake backgrounds. A confident professional who can capture a good natural likeness in your own environment.

Mine was taken in my back yard on a sunny day in April and by a great professional photographer (my son) who just caught 'a moment' in my natural setting. I never wear makeup and I hate having my photo taken but this one really took me by surprise - I didn't need a makeover to get a really good picture!

I think the photo reflects my true nature and that the first impression a potential coaching client has of me is that I am warm, approachable, natural and non-threatening - someone who can relate the them and with whom they will feel comfortable sharing their aspirations and fears.

I have another profile picture out there in the ether that I quite like, too. It is used by Sageco (a national company with which I associate). Oddly enough it has endless white backgrounds but somehow seems appropriate. Which one do you prefer?

Now consider the social media profile picture(s) you post.  What does it really say about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment